EXTRADURAL CAROTID SEGMENTS RELATED TO BOTH OPEN AND ENDOSCOPIC SKULL BASE
ARTICLE: INSIDE INSIGHT
6th May 2020
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Learning to achieve excellent neurosurgical skills
- Understanding advanced neurosurgical anatomy
- Elucidating details and nuances of surgical strategies
- Discussing various cases of interest, complications and achievements
Stay connected with the
Neurosurgery Coach Team!
Present day neurosurgery has been static with little advancement in routine surgical practice. The advancements in Neurosurgery over the past five decades have emerged from rigorous research; evaluating the risks and benefits of neurosurgical management. This has resulted in increased reliance of sophisticated gadgets in the operating room and a shift of focus in neurosurgical training to a more evidence based assessment rather than polishing surgical skills. The dilemma of “do-no-harm” has led to surgeons resorting to easy strategies, which might sometimes not be the best. This has put us in a very dangerous situation; where a young neurosurgeon is proficient in assessing risks with the help of statistics but does not know how to operate.
Neurosurgery Coach is an idea to break this stagnance and revive neurosurgical training to achieving surgical skills and strategies with minimal resources. This will help address the need of the hour to train young neurosurgeons be ready to undertake patient loads in low-to-middle income countries which lack resources to equip their neurosurgical facilities.
With this initiative, the Neurosurgery Coach program will not only impart neurosurgical training but also provide a platform to new ideas and innovations to bring back the lost dynamics of neurosurgical practice.
- Anatomy: Skullbase, Vascular, Spine
- Correlation of radiology and anatomy
- Surgical procedures
- Surgical Videos
- Anastomoses of vessels and nerves
- Dissections: subarchanoid, tumours, aneurysms
- The art of patience
- Instruments required for specific surgeries
- Approaches for specific lesions
- Anticipation of complications
- Handling complications
- Maximizing ergonomics
The Daily Dose
Watch regular webcasts and archives on neurosurgery at NeuroSurgical.TV hosted by Dr. John Bennett
LATEST: Daily Dose #45
Contact information will be updated soon